- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 slices cheddar cheese, cut into 1-inch strips
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the beef and onion; drain. Add water, ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper; mix well. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Top with cheese; cover and let stand for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Casserole
Sort By :
Made this last night. I was surprised it tasted so good. It's nothing fancy but very quick and easy after a long day.
I deleted the water and used left-over rice from yesterday's Chinese Take-out! Pretty Good!
I have to say.... I thought it was pretty gross. My smaller kids wouldn't even eat it. The only way my teens would eat it is if they covered it in salsa. Yah... they only ate it to not hurt my feelings. I'll be deleting this one from my recipe box.
I added crushed Doritos- the Cheeseburger ones. It was an added bonus with a good taste. My family of seven enjoyed this dish!
Just made this recipe for my family of five. Wonderful and quick recipe to make after a busy day of schooling at home and providing daycare. This will definetly be one for my Taste of Home recipe box!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheeseburger Casserole >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >