- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 6 slices bread
- 24 cubes cheddar cheese (1/2-inch cubes)
- In a bowl, combine egg yolk, ground beef, onion, salt and pepper. Shape mixture by teaspoonfuls into 24 balls. Remove crusts from bread; roll flat and cut into 1-1/2-in. rounds. Place meatballs on bread rounds; make a depression in each ball and fill with a cube of cheese, making sure bread is covered with meat mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil in preheated oven about 6 in. from heat for 3-5 minutes or until no pink remains. Garnish with ketchup, mustard, sliced green onions or sliced dill pickles if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Bites
"These are super easy to make and kids LOVE them. You can make them "fancy" by using blue cheese instead."
"Absolutely. It was very easy. Everyone loved them. They were presentable, easily manageable at a party as a finger food, and they tasted amazing!"