This is a recipe from my mother. I like to make up a batch or two and store in the freezer till I'm ready to cook them.—Holly Camozzi, Petaluma, California
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 6 slices bread
- 24 cubes cheddar cheese (1/2-inch cubes)
- In a bowl, combine egg yolk, ground beef, onion, salt and pepper. Shape mixture by teaspoonfuls into 24 balls. Remove crusts from bread; roll flat and cut into 1-1/2-in. rounds. Place meatballs on bread rounds; make a depression in each ball and fill with a cube of cheese, making sure bread is covered with meat mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil in preheated oven about 6 in. from heat for 3-5 minutes or until no pink remains. Garnish with ketchup, mustard, sliced green onions or sliced dill pickles if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cheeseburger Bites in Country Ground Beef 1993, p5
Reviews for Cheeseburger Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review