Cheeseburger Biscuit Bake Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, ketchup and pepper. Spoon half into a greased 8-in. square baking dish; sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Place biscuits around edges of dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until the meat mixture is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Biscuit Bake(18)
Sort By :
I have made this countless times. It was in the first cookbook I ever owned (and still do). It is one of my husband's favorite meals!
I make something very similiar but add onion,green pepper,mushrooms and some frozen green peas. It's very good
Very unique recipe! And very delicious!
At 400 degrees the tops of the biscuits started to burn, but the middle and the bottoms were still raw, so if you don't mind wasting your money and not being able to eat the biscuits then I guess this recipe is for you. This is the 1st time in many years that I went to taste of home for a recipe because the last time I did, it was a waste of money also. Taste of home should actually test the recipes before they publish them. Very disappointed as usual.
Had very little flavor and my buscuits burned after 15 minutes in a 400 degree oven but then they were raw at the bottom where the meat was. recipe had too much cheese too.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheeseburger Casserole >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >