Cheeseburger Biscuit Bake
Popular cheeseburger ingredients create the tasty layers in this family-pleasing casserole. For the "bun," I use refrigerated biscuits to make a golden topping. —Joy Frasure, Longmont, Colorado
5 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, ketchup and
- pepper. Spoon half into a greased 8-in. square baking dish; sprinkle
- with half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Place biscuits around edges of dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for
- 18-22 minutes or until the meat mixture is bubbly and biscuits are
- golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 492 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 1,264 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.