Cheeseburger Biscuit Bake
Little ones are sure to gobble up this cheesy ground beef casserole shared by Kate Frasure, 12, and her mom, Joy. The team from Longmont, Colorado relies on refrigerated biscuits for the golden topping of this family favorite.
5 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, ketchup and
- pepper. Spoon half into a greased 8-in. square baking dish; sprinkle
- with half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Place biscuits around edges of dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for
- 18-22 minutes or until the meat mixture is bubbly and biscuits are
- golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 492 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 1,264 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.