- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, ketchup and pepper. Spoon half into a greased 8-in. square baking dish; sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Place biscuits around edges of dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until the meat mixture is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Biscuit Bake
"I like the way this tastes, but I must agree with most of the other reviews about the unbaked biscuits. The first time I made it, I used store bought biscuits. Took almost an hour to cook thoroughly and biscuits were way overdone on top. I just made it again with my own drop biscuits since I figured a smaller biscuit would work. Nope! Over 45 min in the oven and the bottoms are raw. I'm really peeved at this recipe."
"At 400 the busicuts get burned and the buttons are raw, meat is cool at best and all you taste is the tomato. I will not make this again!"
"Great receipe. I see posts below on the bisquit situation. put them in a pan in the oven and cook them for a bit. then take them out and then place them on top of the casserole and you will not have the problem of them being burned or not done."
"I have made this countless times. It was in the first cookbook I ever owned (and still do). It is one of my husband's favorite meals!"
"I make something very similiar but add onion,green pepper,mushrooms and some frozen green peas. It's very good"
"Very unique recipe! And very delicious!"
"At 400 degrees the tops of the biscuits started to burn, but the middle and the bottoms were still raw, so if you don't mind wasting your money and not being able to eat the biscuits then I guess this recipe is for you. This is the 1st time in many years that I went to taste of home for a recipe because the last time I did, it was a waste of money also. Taste of home should actually test the recipes before they publish them. Very disappointed as usual."
"Had very little flavor and my buscuits burned after 15 minutes in a 400 degree oven but then they were raw at the bottom where the meat was. recipe had too much cheese too."
"Made this for my hubby tonight and he thought it tasted more southwestern style since i substituted cheddar cheese for jalapeano cheese."