"These easy cheesy treats are a hit at evening gathering," shares Jennifer Eilts of Omaha, Nebraska.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (7 ounces) extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed
- Cut cheese into 1/2-in. slices; cut each slice in half diagonally. In
- a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and red pepper flakes if
- desired. In another bowl, beat egg. Dip cheese triangles into egg,
- then in crumb mixture.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3
- minutes or until browned and cheese begins to melt. Serve warm with
- pizza sauce for dipping. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 183 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 417 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.