Cheese Wedges Recipe
"These easy cheesy treats are a hit at evening gathering," shares Jennifer Eilts of Omaha, Nebraska.
- 1 package (7 ounces) extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 egg
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed
- 1. Cut cheese into 1/2-in. slices; cut each slice in half diagonally. In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and red pepper flakes if desired. In another bowl, beat egg. Dip cheese triangles into egg, then in crumb mixture.
- 2. Place on a greased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until browned and cheese begins to melt. Serve warm with pizza sauce for dipping. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3 each) equals 183 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 417 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Cheese Wedges
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC