- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 3-1/3 cups fresh or frozen corn (about 16 ounces)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook tortellini according to package directions, adding corn during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain; transfer to a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Cheese Tortellini with Tomatoes and Corn
"This is an excellent dish. I added 1/4 tsp. salt to the dish as it seemed a little bland. My husband and a dinner guest raved about it."
"Very good and very simple to make. Needed a little more flavor for my family, so added an extra 1/2 tsp. of salt and a little more Parmesan. Will make again."
"Like juicyfruit007, I also recommend this with grilled corn cut off the cob. It's a great dish for summer!"
"I would say this was fine, but just didn't "wow" me. My husband begrudgingly ate it, but said he wouldn't want to have it again. Overall it was easy to make and I like that it is healthy and low in sodium. I'm not sure if I'll make it again since Mr. Picky will be complaining about it. For non-vegetarians, I think some crumbled bacon would be a nice addition."
"This recipe is simple to make and very delicious. I will definitely make it again. I did add a dollop of "verde pasta sauce" to the finished dish for a little more flavor."