- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 3-1/3 cups fresh or frozen corn (about 16 ounces)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook tortellini according to package directions, adding corn during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain; transfer to a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Cheese Tortellini with Tomatoes and Corn
Sort By :
"This recipe is simple to make and very delicious. I will definitely make it again. I did add a dollop of "verde pasta sauce" to the finished dish for a little more flavor."
"This was wonderful! The fresh basil shines through making it the perfect meal on a hot night."
"I was going to give this 4 stars, but then I just noticed I had completely left out the parmesan cheese, so I will throw in the extra star on the chance the addition of the parm cheese would have put it over the top . :) I made this with (formerly) dried tortellini and grilled corn cut off the cob. It was good. VERY light and non-filling. I felt like it could have been a bit more flavorful somehow, but maybe the parm cheese would have helped with that. Will most likely make again!"
"Delicious and fresh tasting! We really enjoy this easy meal."
"My family loves this recipe. I always use fresh corn and put it on the grill until I get some nice grill marks. Then I cut it off the cob and add it to the other ingredients. It's become a summer favorite."