Cheese Tortellini with Tomatoes and Corn Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed or 3-1/3 cups fresh corn
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook tortellini according to package directions, adding the corn during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a large serving bowl, combine tortellini mixture and remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1-3/4 cups equals 366 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.