Cheese-Topped Vegetable Soup Recipe
Just-picked garden flavor makes this hearty vegetable soup a summer staple for Anna Minegar in Zolfo Springs, Florida. “It warms the soul,” she explains.
- 1 can (28 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup salad croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and vegetables are tender.
- 2. Ladle the soup into ovenproof bowls. Top each with croutons and cheese. Broil 6 in. from the heat until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 cups.
1 cup: 160 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 1222mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 6g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Cheese-Topped Vegetable Soup
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC