Cheese-Topped Tomatoes Recipe
Looking for a side dish to accompany grilled meat or chicken? Arlene Risius of Buffalo Center, Iowa sprinkles blue cheese, bread crumbs and a few other ingredients over tomato halves, then grills them for delicious results.
- 8 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Sprinkle cut side of tomatoes with salt, bread crumbs, cheese and onion. Drizzle with butter.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
2 each: 83 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Cheese-Topped Tomatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC