Cheese-Topped Roasted Vegetables Recipe
This recipe is a great addition to any meal. If your family aren't veggie loves, try this. The cheese adds extra flavor everyone will love.—Meredith Holman, Silver Spring, Maryland
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 3 small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 large fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1. Place the potatoes, carrots and onion in a large resealable plastic bag. Add 1-1/2 teaspoons oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; turn to coat.
- 2. Place potato mixture in a single layer in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan (set bag aside). Bake at 425° for 20 minutes.
- 3. Add the zucchini, red pepper, mushrooms and garlic to the reserved bag. Add the remaining oil, salt and pepper; turn to coat. Stir into potato mixture.
- 4. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Transfer to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with cheeses and herbs. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 129 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC