Cheese-Topped Meat Loaves Recipe
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup picante sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the egg, 2 tablespoons picante sauce, oats, onion, chili powder and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two 4-in. x 2-in. loaves.
- 2. Place in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. Place the remaining picante sauce in a small microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Pour over meat loaves. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 323 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 177 mg cholesterol, 581 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Cheese-Topped Meat Loaves
"I have had many disasterous episodes making meatloaves. This by far, is the best recipe ever for that. I double the batch for a family of 4, bake it in the oven at 350 for 30 min, like a previous poster stated, and it comes out fabulous! Everyone loves it! It's definatly a regular in our house"
"I was skeptical at first, not too sure about microwaved beef, however, this was fantabulous!! I made the first two in the micro and threw the rest in the oven, b/c i knew this wasnt going to work out. But the two in the microwave were awesome, I will definitely make these again!! OH and I followed the recipe exactly and they were done in exactly 6 minutes!"
"I baked a double batch in the oven at 350 for 30 mins and it turned out great."
"I made this recipe yesterday and it was so easy and tasted soooo good. I made severl to give to friends to make. will make this again and again. I see why it won a contest."
"Really don't like meat cooked in the microwave.Could this be cooked in the oven?"
"My bride of 46 years contacted pneumonia so I had to pitch in and make the diners for awhile. This was well enjoyed by my bride and myself and I will surely make it again. I would however add Garlic."
"Cheese topped meat loaves are simple and easy to make and make an awesome simple dinner for our family. We tend to make these whenever we have all the ingredients and don't waste time making them too large. They're a keeper and going in my recipe box."