Cheese-Topped Lemon Chicken Breasts
Looking for a new way to fix chicken? This easy recipe is a must-try! If you don't want to shred the Colby cheese, you could substitute packaged shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese instead.
Renee Mitchell - McChord AFB, Washington
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown
- chicken in butter on both sides over medium heat. Stir in lemon
- juice and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook
- for 4-5 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- Remove from the heat. Sprinkle each chicken breast with cheese. Cover
- and let stand for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 290 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 851 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon