Cheese-Topped Heirloom Tomatoes
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 6 large heirloom or beefsteak tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place spinach and cream cheese in a food processor; cover and process
- until blended. Stir in 1-1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese.
- Cut each tomato in half widthwise; place on a greased baking sheet.
- Drizzle oil over tomatoes; top with spinach mixture and remaining
- Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield:
- 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 171 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.