These rich tartlets look time-consuming to fix but go together quickly with fig preserves and frozen phyllo tart shells. If you like, top off each little cup with a fresh thyme leaf.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup fig preserves
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells, thawed
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Fresh thyme leaves, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 8-10 minutes or until onion is deep golden brown, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir in preserves. Place shells on an ungreased baking sheet; fill with onion mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheeses, egg yolk and pepper flakes. Spoon over tops. Bake 350° 5-8 minutes or until heated through. Top with thyme if desired. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cheese Tartlets with Fig Jam in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p19
Reviews for Cheese Tartlets with Fig Jam
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review