Cheese-Stuffed Shells Recipe
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
- 24 jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the spinach, cream cheese and egg. Add 1 cup mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and cinnamon if desired.
- Stuff pasta shells with sausage mixture. Arrange in two 11-in. x 7-in. baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Combine the sauce ingredients; spoon over shells.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cheese-Stuffed Shells(81)
Sort By :
This recipe is SO, SO GOOD! Doesn't need tweaking or anything!!
This is as good as everybody said it was. Only change I made was I used turkey sausage, otherwise didn't change a thing and it was great.
These were amazing. I did not add the spinach though. I had my boyfriend's parents over and they loved it! Big hit!
I have been making these for the past few years for our Pre Thanksgiving dinner and everyone loves them.... my daughter always requests them and does not want me to try something different. They have become part of our tradition!
Oh yeah sounds good
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Casserole >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Sausage Dinner Recipes >
- Spinach Recipes >