- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until
- meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the
- spinach, cream cheese and egg. Add 1 cup mozzarella cheese, cheddar
- cheese, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and cinnamon
- if desired.
- Stuff pasta shells with sausage mixture. Arrange in two 11-in. x
- 7-in. baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Combine the sauce
- ingredients; spoon over shells.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with
- remaining mozzarella. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and
- cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 2 stuffed shells equals 397 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 1,097 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.