I developed this recipe completely by accident. I was making my usual stuffed potatoes and was in a hurry. So instead of mashing the potatoes, I just tossed everything together. My family and friends actually liked them better.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 65 min.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Bake potatoes at 425° for 45 minutes or until tender. Remove from
- oven; reduce temperature to 350°. Cut each potato in half
- horizontally; leaving a thin shell, carefully scoop pulp into a
- bowl. Set potato skins aside.
- To the pulp, add sour cream, Parmesan cheese, bacon, onion and
- horseradish. Mix with a fork until combined but not mashed. Add salt
- and pepper. Fill potato skins. Top each potato with 1 teaspoon
- butter and sprinkle with cheese. Place in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 350° until heated through, about 20 minutes. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 350 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium,