Cheese-Stuffed Potatoes Recipe
I developed this recipe completely by accident. I was making my usual stuffed potatoes and was in a hurry. So instead of mashing the potatoes, I just tossed everything together. My family and friends actually liked them better.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. Bake potatoes at 425° for 45 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven; reduce temperature to 350°. Cut each potato in half horizontally; leaving a thin shell, carefully scoop pulp into a bowl. Set potato skins aside.
- 2. To the pulp, add sour cream, Parmesan cheese, bacon, onion and horseradish. Mix with a fork until combined but not mashed. Add salt and pepper. Fill potato skins. Top each potato with 1 teaspoon butter and sprinkle with cheese. Place in a shallow baking dish. Bake at 350° until heated through, about 20 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 350 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Cheese-Stuffed Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC