- lengthwise down the center of one side of roast to within 1-1/2 in
- of ends. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with the long side with
- cheese filling. Tie several times with kitchen string; secure ends
- with toothpicks.
- Combine paprika, marjoram, oregano and basil; rub over roast. Place
- on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 40-45 minutes hours or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let
- stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in
- the cornstarch until blended. Whisk in cream and broth. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from
- the heat; stir in sour cream and salt. Slice roast; serve with cream
- sauce. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 303 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.