Cheese-Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 to 2-1/2 pounds), trimmed
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried marjoram, oregano and basil
- CREAM SAUCE:
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sour cream
- Salt to taste
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, lemon-pepper, butter and cream until smooth. Stir in the cheese; set aside. Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of the roast to within 1/2-in. of the bottom. Open roast so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 3/4-in. thickness.
- 2. Remove plastic; place ham slices over roast. Spread cheese mixture lengthwise down the center of one side of roast to within 1-1/2 in of ends. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with the long side with cheese filling. Tie several times with kitchen string; secure ends with toothpicks.
- 3. Combine paprika, marjoram, oregano and basil; rub over roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes hours or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the cornstarch until blended. Whisk in cream and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and salt. Slice roast; serve with cream sauce. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 303 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Cheese-Stuffed Pork Roast
"This roast is wonderful with the cheese stuffed inside!! This is a keeper!!"
"My husband really enjoyed this. I soaked long wooden skewers in water for twenty minutes and then broke them in half to keep the loaf secure since I didn't have kitchen string."
"Absolutely Awesome. Made this last year at Christmas. Everyone raved!"
"This took a little time, but it was delicious! Everyone loved it."
"I love the flavors in this recipe. Served it to my family, and it was a huge hit. I question the picture on how the cheese is still in the roast, mine melted out."