Perfect for tailgating, you can make the meatballs and sauce for these sliders ahead of time and heat them up at home on game day. Put 'em on rolls in the parking lot. —Hilary Breinholt, Glenwood, Utah
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 16 cubes Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (8.1 ounces) prepared pesto
- 16 dinner rolls, split and toasted
- Divide sausage into 16 portions. Shape each portion around a cube of cheese. Place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a large saucepan, combine spaghetti sauce and pesto; bring just to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add meatballs; heat through, stirring gently. Serve on rolls. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Cheese-Stuffed Meatball Sliders in Taste of Home August/September 2012, p35
Reviews for Cheese-Stuffed Meatball Sliders
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2013
"My husband LOVES this recipe! He requests it frequently!"