- 1-1/2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 16 cubes part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (8.1 ounces) prepared pesto
- 16 dinner rolls, split and toasted
- Divide sausage into 16 portions. Shape each portion around a cube of cheese. Place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine spaghetti sauce and pesto; bring just to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add meatballs; heat through, stirring gently. Serve on rolls. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Cheese-Stuffed Meatball Sliders in Taste of Home August/September 2012, p35
Reviews for Cheese-Stuffed Meatball Sliders
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2013
My husband LOVES this recipe! He requests it frequently!