A few years ago, I saw a man in the grocery store buying a big bag full of jalapeno peppers. I asked him what he intended to do with them, and he shared this recipe with me right there in the store! —Janice Montiverdi, Sugar Land, Texas
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 25 medium fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups (12 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes. In a
- large saucepan, boil peppers in water for 5-10 minutes (the longer
- you boil the peppers, the milder they become). Drain and rinse in
- cold water; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and
- Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Spoon 2 teaspoonfuls into each
- jalapeno half; sprinkle with bacon.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 5-10 minutes or
- until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: About 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 141 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.