Cheese-Stuffed Jalapenos Recipe
"Folks gobble up these taste-tempting stuffed peppers," relates Gay Nell Nicholas of Henderson, Texas. "They have a crisp golden coating, cheesy center and pleasantly spicy flavor. The best part is that no one realizes they are low in fat, too."
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 18 jalapeno peppers (about 3 inches long), halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; beat until blended. Spoon into pepper halves, packing tightly.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg whites and milk. Place cornflakes in another shallow bowl. Dip peppers into egg mixture, then coat with cornflakes. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until browned. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cheese-Stuffed Jalapenos in Light & Tasty February/March 2002, p65
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Cheese-Stuffed Jalapenos(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Healthy Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Finger Foods >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Jalapeno Poppers >
- Low Fat Appetizers >