Cheese-Stuffed Double Bakers
—LeeAnn Johnson, Joliet, Illinois
8 ServingsPrep: 1 hour 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon each garlic powder, onion powder and pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until
- tender. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half
- lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a large bowl, beat the pulp with sour cream, butter, salt and
- seasonings. Stir in 3/4 cup each cheddar and mozzarella. Spoon or
- pipe into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until
- heated through. Top with green onions. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 297 calories, 13 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 415 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.