—LeeAnn Johnson, Joliet, Illinois
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon each garlic powder, onion powder and pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a large bowl, beat the pulp with sour cream, butter, salt and seasonings. Stir in 3/4 cup each cheddar and mozzarella. Spoon or pipe into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Top with green onions. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cheese-Stuffed Double Bakers in Reminisce March/April 2006, p 48
Reviews for Cheese-Stuffed Double Bakers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2014
"I made this earlier in the day so that I could pop it in the oven this evening. I got a lot of compliments on it. It came out very nice and quite tasty."