—LeeAnn Johnson, Joliet, Illinois
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon each garlic powder, onion powder and pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a large bowl, beat the pulp with sour cream, butter, salt and seasonings. Stir in 3/4 cup each cheddar and mozzarella. Spoon or pipe into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Top with green onions. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cheese-Stuffed Double Bakers in Reminisce March/April 2006, p 48
Reviews for Cheese-Stuffed Double Bakers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2014
"I made this earlier in the day so that I could pop it in the oven this evening. I got a lot of compliments on it. It came out very nice and quite tasty."