Cheese-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes Recipe
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out and discard pulp. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain. Combine cheese and onion; spoon into tomatoes.
- 2. In a small, whisk the oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Spoon over tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Yield: about 1 dozen.
3 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Cheese-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
"For every get together my friends beg me to bring these. Labor intensive but worth it. If you like tomatoes, you and your guests will love these."
"I've made this many time, each time with rave reviews and requests for the recipe. Its one of my favorite summer potluck recipes. Its a bit of work to remove the seeds but well worth the effort."
"using grape tomatoes made de-pulping easier!"
"I selected this recipe to make for a party this last weekend. I thought it would be good for anyone who leans toward being vegetarian. I got more compliments on these than any of the other foods I made - from meat eaters and nons alike. Looks festive too!"
"I used this recipe as a guide to make my own version. I'm not fond of feta so I used a Mexican Crumbling Cheese, I ran out of red onion so I used a sweet yellow, and I'm not fond of red wine vinegar so I omitted it. I also used the small vine ripened tomatoes you buy in a container. This variation was perfect for me and my taste. Thank you very much for coming up with this recipe!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer