- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out and discard pulp. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain. Combine cheese and onion; spoon into tomatoes.
- In a small, whisk the oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Spoon over tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Cheese-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes(4)
Sort By :
I've made this many time, each time with rave reviews and requests for the recipe. Its one of my favorite summer potluck recipes. Its a bit of work to remove the seeds but well worth the effort.
using grape tomatoes made de-pulping easier!
I selected this recipe to make for a party this last weekend. I thought it would be good for anyone who leans toward being vegetarian. I got more compliments on these than any of the other foods I made - from meat eaters and nons alike. Looks festive too!
I used this recipe as a guide to make my own version. I'm not fond of feta so I used a Mexican Crumbling Cheese, I ran out of red onion so I used a sweet yellow, and I'm not fond of red wine vinegar so I omitted it. I also used the small vine ripened tomatoes you buy in a container. This variation was perfect for me and my taste. Thank you very much for coming up with this recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Greek Appetizers >
- Greek Recipes >
- Quick Appetizers >
- Quick Finger Food Recipes >