"They're easy to fix as an appetizer or salad," says Mary Lou, a Florida native. "It's impossible to eat just one."
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out and discard pulp. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain. Combine cheese and onion; spoon into tomatoes.
- In a small, whisk the oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Spoon over tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cheese-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p44
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Cheese-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review