Here’s a sandwich that does traditional burgers one better—with a surprise pocket of cheddar! Says Janet Wood of Windham, New Hampshire, “We really enjoy the melted cheese center.”
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four thin patties. Sprinkle cheese over two patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheese-Stuffed Burgers in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p47
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Cheese-Stuffed Burgers for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review