Cheese-Stuffed Burgers for Two Recipe
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four thin patties. Sprinkle cheese over two patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 burger (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 357 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 787 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Cheese-Stuffed Burgers for Two
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.