A fellow schoolteacher gave me this recipe that's since become a family favorite. It's also popular at various church functions featuring eat-with-your-fingers fare.
40 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups (1 pound) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Bring cheese and butter to room temperature; mix them together by
- hand. Add flour and cayenne; mix well. Use a cookie press with a
- star or zigzag end place to make strips on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown and as crisp
- as desired. Yield: 10 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 83 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.