Cheese Straws Recipe
A fellow schoolteacher gave me this recipe that's since become a family favorite. It's also popular at various church functions featuring eat-with-your-fingers fare.
- 4 cups (1 pound) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Bring cheese and butter to room temperature; mix them together by hand. Add flour and cayenne; mix well. Use a cookie press with a star or zigzag end place to make strips on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown and as crisp as desired. Yield: 10 dozen.
Originally published as Cheese Straws in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p22
Reviews for Cheese Straws(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >