"When our children were young, I'd pop these scrumptious cheesy snacks in the oven shortly before they'd get home from school, relates Ruth Peterson of Jenison, Michigan. "There's no need to thaw them, so they're ready to munch in less than 15 minutes."
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 jar (5 ounces) sharp American cheese spread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg white
- 1 loaf unsliced bread (1 pound)
- In a bowl, beat cheese spread, butter and egg white until fluffy. Cut
- crust from bread. Slice bread 1 in. thick; cut each slice into 1-in.
- strips. Spread the cheese mixture on all sides of each strip and
- place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for
- 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Unbaked cheese
- sticks may be frozen for up to 4 months. Bake as directed (they do
- not need to be thawed first). Yield: 9 servings.