Cheese Spread Pinecone
folks quickly cluster around this outdoorsy appetizer from Cindy Harrington of Euless, Texas. She turned her super cheese spread into a pinecone—using slice almonds, dill sprigs and a cinnamon stick!
28 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Fresh dill sprigs
- Breadsticks, crackers and/or raw vegetables
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add the
- feta, mozzarella, onion and cayenne ; mix well. Cover and
- refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- On a serving platter, form cheese mixture into a pinecone shape.
- Beginning at the narrow end, arrange almonds in overlapping rows.
- Add cinnamon stick and dill for the stem and pine needles. Serve
- with breadsticks, crackers and/or vegetables. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 64 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.