Cheese Spread Pinecone Recipe
folks quickly cluster around this outdoorsy appetizer from Cindy Harrington of Euless, Texas. She turned her super cheese spread into a pinecone—using slice almonds, dill sprigs and a cinnamon stick!
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Fresh dill sprigs
- Breadsticks, crackers and/or raw vegetables
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add the feta, mozzarella, onion and cayenne ; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 2. On a serving platter, form cheese mixture into a pinecone shape. Beginning at the narrow end, arrange almonds in overlapping rows. Add cinnamon stick and dill for the stem and pine needles. Serve with breadsticks, crackers and/or vegetables. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoons: 64 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Cheese Spread Pinecone
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC