- for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese until
- smooth. Stir in the cottage cheese, spinach, Parmesan cheese, eggs
- and salt.
- Stuff cream cheese mixture into uncooked manicotti shells. Spread 1
- cup sauce into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking
- spay. Arrange manicotti over sauce. Pour remaining sauce over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until pasta is
- tender. Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes
- longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 stuffed manicotti equals 389 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 722 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.