Cheese Souffles Recipe
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, separated
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Remove from the heat. Beat egg yolks. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into egg yolk mixture. Pour into two 8-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Cheese Souffles(4)
Sort By :
This is the second time I have made this recipe. It is delicious and easy - not to mention they look very pretty. I doubled the recipe for our family. These are very tasty - I am planning on making them for company next weekend - they go really well with lemon scones!
made this and it turned out more then perfect. i browned ma tops a lil more ( its the way i like em ) A++++ Cheese Souffles recipe
This was my first attempt at souffle-making--it was very easy (once I got the eggs separated) and delicious. My two-year-old devoured it! I used parmesan cheese and chopped chives.
i eat neither eggwhites nor yolk.
is there some way to modufy this recipe without the eggs?please let me know..
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast for Two >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes for Two >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Low Carb Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >