Cheese Souffles Recipe
"I think it's a shame that souffles are often overlooked," writes Dennis Blankenbaker of Flora, Illinois. "These individual souffles are elegant for brunch."
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese or Swiss cheese
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, mustard and cayenne until smooth; gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cool slightly. In a bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into egg yolk mixture.
- Pour into four greased 10-oz. souffle dishes or custard cups. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cheese Souffles in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p61
Reviews for Cheese Souffles(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >