Cheese Smashed Potatoes
Try this delicious versatile side dish with a variety of entrees. —JANET HOMES, SURPRISE, ARIZONA
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Add cauliflower;
- cook 10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain; mash with cheese, sour cream and salt. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 161 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 292 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 medium-fat meat.