Cheese Smashed Potatoes Recipe
- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Add cauliflower; cook 10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Drain; mash with cheese, sour cream and salt. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 161 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 medium-fat meat.
Reviews for Cheese Smashed Potatoes
"This receipt was excellent!! Very flavorful. It will now be my permanent substitution for mashed potatoes."
"Another fantastic recipe that was scarfed by our fellowship. I used regular sour cream, cheese & added seasoned salt for more flavor. Also increased the amount for a crockpot. If I hadn't disclosed there was cauliflower in it, my hubby might've eaten it, too."
"My family and I LOVED this recipe. I didn't tell the kids or my husband that there was cauliflower in it until after we all ate. They were shocked! This is a keeper for sure!!!! I love that I can get some wholesome veggies in their diet, always a great thing!"
"We loved, loved, loved these potatoes! I included them in a meal I made for my elderly dad and then my hubby and I enjoyed the rest of the recipe. We could not taste the cauliflower at all, though it would have been fine if we had. The only thing I changed was to use 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese instead of the cheddar, because I had no cheddar on hand. Oh, and I didn't have red potatoes, so ended up using russets (which I did peel) and that worked out fine, although I am sure the red potatoes would work better in this recipe. All in all, a keeper!"