- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Add cauliflower; cook 10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain; mash with cheese, sour cream and salt. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cheese Smashed Potatoes
Sort By :
Another fantastic recipe that was scarfed by our fellowship. I used regular sour cream, cheese & added seasoned salt for more flavor. Also increased the amount for a crockpot. If I hadn't disclosed there was cauliflower in it, my hubby might've eaten it, too.
My family and I LOVED this recipe. I didn't tell the kids or my husband that there was cauliflower in it until after we all ate. They were shocked! This is a keeper for sure!!!! I love that I can get some wholesome veggies in their diet, always a great thing!
We loved, loved, loved these potatoes! I included them in a meal I made for my elderly dad and then my hubby and I enjoyed the rest of the recipe. We could not taste the cauliflower at all, though it would have been fine if we had. The only thing I changed was to use 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese instead of the cheddar, because I had no cheddar on hand. Oh, and I didn't have red potatoes, so ended up using russets (which I did peel) and that worked out fine, although I am sure the red potatoes would work better in this recipe. All in all, a keeper!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >