Cheese Scalloped Potatoes
What's not to like about these tender potatoes with cheese topping? This recipe, shared by Edie Farm of Farmington, New Mexico, is a downsized dish full of traditional taste.
2 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper
- until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- In a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer half of the
- potatoes, onion and half of the sauce. Top with remaining potatoes
- and sauce.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with
- cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter and reduced-fat cheddar cheese) equals 327 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 1,156 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.