Cheese Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
What's not to like about these tender potatoes with cheese topping? This recipe, shared by Edie Farm of Farmington, New Mexico, is a downsized dish full of traditional taste.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. In a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer half of the potatoes, onion and half of the sauce. Top with remaining potatoes and sauce.
- 3. Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 327 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 1156mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Cheese Scalloped Potatoes
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2010
"made these tonight..so good,my husbandhad 3rd's or 4th's ?(doubled recipe) wonderful flavor!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC