What's not to like about these tender potatoes with cheese topping? This recipe, shared by Edie Farm of Farmington, New Mexico, is a downsized dish full of traditional taste.
Recommended: 19 Side Dishes Made in a 13x9 Pan
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- In a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer half of the potatoes, onion and half of the sauce. Top with remaining potatoes and sauce.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Scalloped Potatoes in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p60
Reviews for Cheese Scalloped Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2010
"made these tonight..so good,my husbandhad 3rd's or 4th's ?(doubled recipe) wonderful flavor!"