Cheese Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
What's not to like about these tender potatoes with cheese topping? This recipe, shared by Edie Farm of Farmington, New Mexico, is a downsized dish full of traditional taste.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- In a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer half of the potatoes, onion and half of the sauce. Top with remaining potatoes and sauce.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Scalloped Potatoes in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p60
Reviews for Cheese Scalloped Potatoes(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2010
made these tonight..so good,my husband
had 3rd's or 4th's ?(doubled recipe) wonderful flavor!
More Recipe Collections
- Au Gratin Potatoes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Potato Casseroles >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >