Cheese Sausage Strata Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 9 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 9 slices bread, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the eggs, milk, bread, cheese, bacon and mustard. Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 373 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 217mg cholesterol, 1097mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Cheese Sausage Strata
"My family asked for 3rd helpings... the ultimate compliment!"
"I love how you can make it a day before! We made this numerous times already Sunday mornings. We do have to bake a little longer that stated. Pour some maple syrup on top before eating, it is awesome!"
"I always make this for Christmas morning. It' s so easy to pop in while enjoying family time. I use turkey sausage to lighten it up a bit."
"I made this for Easter brunch and everyone loved it. So easy to make and delicious too!"
"I layered ingredients in a 9x13 pan--sausage on bottom,then bread, then egg mixture, then cheese, then bacon on top along with a sprinkling of some dried herbs. Very pretty! It was a big hit at our church brunch."
"This recipe was so good. My whole family of picky eaters loved it."
"I have also found that it needs to bake longer than an hour. I use day old french bread. I make this frequently and always get rave reviews."
"This recipe is hearty and delicious, and I love that it is prepared ahead of time! I make this for a tasty Sunday morning surprise for my family if I have to work, they just take it out and heat it up!"
"We substituted veggies for the bacon to cut down on cost and fat."
"I have been making this dish since it appeared ing the quick cooking magazine. It is easy and taste wonderful. I do add a 1/2 cup of diced onion and instead of using 11/2 lbs of sausage I use 1 pound of sausage and 1/2 lb of Zesty sausage to give it a little kick."
"This is a great dish! I love how you can make it the night before. Although, I have found that it needs to bake a little bit longer than the recipe calls for.It does keeps well unbaked in the refrigerator for several days though, I once made it for my Brother and Sister-in-law and put it in their fridge a day or so before they got home from their honeymoon so that they wouldn't have to make breakfast when they got home.They loved it. Thank you!"