The cheese sauce makes cauliflower hard to resist...even for picky eaters! I like to serve this vegetable dish at holidays and also for lunch along with pork sausage links, croissants and a green salad. —Ruby Zein, Monona, Wisconsin
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water, cauliflower and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-15 minutes or until cauliflower is crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and thyme until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheese, stirring until melted.
- Drain and pat cauliflower dry; place on a serving platter. Top with cheese sauce; sprinkle with paprika and parsley. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheese Sauce Over Cauliflower in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p126
Reviews for Cheese Sauce Over Cauliflower
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2015
"Quick and easy sauce and vegetable"