Cheese Sauce for Veggies Recipe
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until the cheese is melted. Serve warm over broccoli or other cooked vegetables. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 91 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Cheese Sauce for Veggies
"easy recipe...pretty dang good too. I'll totally use this again."
"This is a tasty sauce which really adds zip to a wide variety of vegetables. I did think it was a little thin and will try to thicken it up a little next time."