Cheese Sauce for Veggies
"This tasty cheese sauce, flavored with ground mustard, curry and marjoram, is especially good over broccoli and cauliflower," notes Ruth Bogdanski of Grants Pass, Oregon. "I like to add a sprinkling of crumbled bacon on top."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook and stir over
- medium-low heat until the cheese is melted. Serve warm over broccoli
- or other cooked vegetables. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 91 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.