Cheese Sauce for Veggies Recipe
"This tasty cheese sauce, flavored with ground mustard, curry and marjoram, is especially good over broccoli and cauliflower," notes Ruth Bogdanski of Grants Pass, Oregon. "I like to add a sprinkling of crumbled bacon on top."
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until the cheese is melted. Serve warm over broccoli or other cooked vegetables. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 91 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Cheese Sauce for Veggies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC