Cheese Sauce for Veggies Recipe
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until the cheese is melted. Serve warm over broccoli or other cooked vegetables. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 91 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Cheese Sauce for Veggies
"easy recipe...pretty dang good too. I'll totally use this again."
"This is a tasty sauce which really adds zip to a wide variety of vegetables. I did think it was a little thin and will try to thicken it up a little next time."