"This tasty cheese sauce, flavored with ground mustard, curry and marjoram, is especially good over broccoli and cauliflower," notes Ruth Bogdanski of Grants Pass, Oregon. "I like to add a sprinkling of crumbled bacon on top."
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until the cheese is melted. Serve warm over broccoli or other cooked vegetables. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Cheese Sauce for Veggies in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p55
Reviews for Cheese Sauce for Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2010
"easy recipe...pretty dang good too. I'll totally use this again."
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2008
"This is a tasty sauce which really adds zip to a wide variety of vegetables. I did think it was a little thin and will try to thicken it up a little next time."