"This tasty cheese sauce, flavored with ground mustard, curry and marjoram, is especially good over broccoli and cauliflower," notes Ruth Bogdanski of Grants Pass, Oregon. "I like to add a sprinkling of crumbled bacon on top."
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until the cheese is melted. Serve warm over broccoli or other cooked vegetables. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Cheese Sauce for Veggies in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p55
Reviews for Cheese Sauce for Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2010
"easy recipe...pretty dang good too. I'll totally use this again."
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2008
"This is a tasty sauce which really adds zip to a wide variety of vegetables. I did think it was a little thin and will try to thicken it up a little next time."