“I enjoy serving this hors d’oeuvre at family gatherings. It can be mixed ahead of time, refrigerated, and then spread on bread and baked at the last minute. Even kids like it.” —Joyce Dykstra, Lansing, Illinois
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 30 slices snack rye bread
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Spread a rounded tablespoonful over each slice of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cheese Rye Appetizers in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010, p47
Reviews for Cheese Rye Appetizers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review