Whipping cream lends rich flavor to the lovely sauce for this colorful medley. Field editor Maria Regakis of Somerville, Massachusetts sent the recipe.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 cups julienned zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring cream and broth to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup. Meanwhile, cook ravioli according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter for 2 minutes. Add red pepper; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in the zucchini, salt and garlic powder; cook for 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Keep warm.
- Stir 1/2 cup cheese, basil and parsley into cream sauce; cook for 1 minute. Drain ravioli; add to skillet with cream sauce. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cheese Ravioli with Zucchini in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p20
Reviews for Cheese Ravioli with Zucchini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review