- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 cups julienned zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring cream and broth to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup. Meanwhile, cook ravioli according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter for 2 minutes. Add red pepper; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in the zucchini, salt and garlic powder; cook for 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Keep warm.
- Stir 1/2 cup cheese, basil and parsley into cream sauce; cook for 1 minute. Drain ravioli; add to skillet with cream sauce. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cheese Ravioli with Zucchini
"I added corn and sweet potato and left out the red pepper. Delicious and pretty! Thank you Maria for sharing this recipe."
"Excellent, nothing more needs to be said."
"I made this for my husband and we both loved it. Its a very filling dish and tastes so good. Would defin make this dish again."
"This simple dish was a hit with my family. They have requested I make it again so this recipe is a keeper."
"I make this all the time, it is my favorite. It tastes like your eating at a five star restuarant."
"I made this and it was one of my husband's favorite meals ever! It is best when the sauce is still creamy/liquid. As it sits (or after being refrigerated), the sauce thickens and it isn't quite as good. Excellent use of fresh veggies!"