Cheese Ravioli with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce Recipe
- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen cheese ravioli
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the flour, milk and broth.
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the milk mixture, cheese, pumpkin, parsley, sage and nutmeg. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Drain ravioli and stir into sauce. Sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cheese Ravioli with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
Sort By :
Way too much sauce. Pasta was swimming in a giant bowlful of sauce, like a soup. Did not serve 6. I would double the pasta to serve six and increase the flour so the sauce might actually thicken. Needs more pumpkin and sage.
I thought it turned out a little bland but a good start to add more of my own flavors. I followed the recipe but doubled it since I was makin it for a potluck at work. I added cinnamon, onion flakes, salt, basil and some Parmesan cheese...mmmmm much better! I may use whole milk next time to see if it thickens up better. I'd make it again with my additions. I also opted to not add the nuts due to allergies
I also added 1 cup of pumpkin instead of the half a cup the recipe calls for...
I looked at the reviews before I made this dish; so I also decreased the milk and chicken broth to 1 cup each. I added a little cinnamon, seasoning salt, onion powder and crushed garlic. It was good, but I felt that it still needed something... maybe a chicken bouillon cube?
This was very good. It was a nice change of sauce for the ravioli. Did not use the nutmeg or nuts. I would definately make this again.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >